Tuesday, February 2, 2010

time to shred!


I have been a bit weary writing a "weight loss" post.  It is important for me to be healthy and to stay physically fit.  Especially now that I have a baby, I want to be able to have energy and participate in activities with my family.  I gave myself a month and a half to allow my body to heal from having an 8 lb baby. I now feel like I am able to start working out a bit.  My diet has already changed since having the baby:: I need a lot of protein and fiber to make enough milk to feed Henry.  Also my "cravings" have changed a lot since having him; I used to be a comfort eater and now I find I have to MAKE myself eat.  

Since I cannot really leave the house to go to the gym daily, I have decided to do the 30 day shred.. a workout video made my Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser.  It is hard.. I thought I was going to pass out only from the jumping jacks portion of the video. haha.  :) I will let you guys know how it goes after 30 days! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

michelle said...

let me know how it works...maybe i'll borrow it this summer :)

Unknown said...

Rock it out, Lizzy

The Caswells said...

Go Lizzy Go! I wish we lived in the same state and could do the shred together again!