NOTE: This is my blog so I am giving my views of things. I understand some of these things may be very different than the way other people think. No flaming me please. Thanks!!
1. What is your most embarrassing moment as a new mom?
This would have to be when I was out in public nursing. I thought the Hooter hider was covering my hooter, when in fact it wasnt. 10 minutes after sitting there, Jordan was like "do you know everyone can see your boob?" hahaha. Woops! I have also clicked Henry's carseat in the base without having him buckled in the seat.. AND.. even more embarrassing. I put his carseat in the car once without attaching it to the seat! Good thing we didnt get in an accident.
2. Is it awkward to breastfeed around others?
Yes and no.. I think its as awkward as the people around you make it. One thing I find really funny is when people make comments about your boobs later on. After I am nursing, someone said, you know boobs with milk in them look different than normal ones. Implying that mine look different or something... I am like "are we really going to have a conversation about this right now?" haha. This has happened on multiple occasions..
3. Do you prefer baths or showers? with or without your husband?
Thanks Chelsie for this question. I am sure everyone is dying to know this! hahaha.
I will answer plainly. Showers. ALONE. :)
4. What is something you miss most from childhood?
My grandparents on my dads side. They both passed away when I was in high school. When grandparents are alive it seems like the entire family sticks together much better. We would have multiple family gatherings every year that EVERYONE attended. It was so much fun and everyone seemed so connected. Now it seems like people only get together if there is a "special occasion." Like graduations, marriages etc...
The other thing that comes to mind is going to the pool. I remember walking as fast as I could (bc you arent allowed to run) to the pool, putting my sunscreen on quickly, and jumping in without ever feeling how cold the water was. My sister and I would call to our mom, "arent you going to get in?" while she sat in her chair reading a book. She would sometimes get in, but wasnt as excited about it as we were. I remember thinking, "When I am a grown up I am going to swim no matter what. I am not going to be boring a just sit in a chair all day." Now being grown up I obviously dont run and do a cannonball in the pool, and I love sitting in the chair reading. There is something about being a kid and the energy and joy that comes with it.
5. Did you and Jordan struggle at all with sexual purity (during your courtship/engagement) before you were married? **I'm letting Jordan answer this one :)**
Absolutely it was a struggle. Now granted...I waited 6 months to smooch her so we had a lot more success during those 6 months but it was still a struggle :). I've thought quite a bit about this whole deal so for what it's worth here's my two cents on it:
The way I look at it, everything beyond holding hands and a few quick smooches here and there probably should fall into the category of "foreplay." Foreplay, in my opinion, is a wonderful thing and it serves a pretty specific purpose. The best analogy I've got for it is this: it's kinda like an on-ramp...it's leading somewhere, and once you get on it you're supposed to keep accelerating until you get to the place you're going. It's really hard to slow down once you're on it, and almost impossible to turn around. The problem for people who desire purity lies in the fact that "the place you're going" is a sacred place reserved for people who are willing to make a commitment much more serious than steaming up the windows of a backseat in the parking lot. For this reason, I think it becomes really difficult to make a whole lot of physical intimacy part of your dating/engagement relationship if your desire is to remain pure. Not saying it's impossible...just pretty darn difficult. The good news for people who are in the midst of the struggle is...you're normal...there would be a problem if you weren't wanting to jump all over each other. The better news is you can repent and God's grace covers your sin...and He provides more than enough grace for you to slow down that car on the on-ramp :) Now this probably comes across as pretty prude and "religious" but the fact of the matter is that God created sex, He created it to be really good, and He created it to be best in the confines of marriage. So if you want second rate sex, sleep around; if you want great sex...wait till you're married.
6. Who has been the funniest person to see interact with Henry?
There is a 3 way tie for this one. Marcos (my friend Michelle's 2 yr old boy), Grant (Henry's 8 month old cousin, and my dad (aka "Big buddy"). Marcos can't decide if he wants to be a baby or if he wants to be a helper...one second he will be shoving Henry's binky in his mouth, the next he will be swinging in Henry's swing. Grant doesn't really know what to think of Henry so he either gives him weird looks or tries to grab his binky out of his mouth. Big buddy loves being around Henry. When Henry is taking naps Big buddy likes to stick his face in Henry's and make noises which inevitably wake Henry up. Then he acts like he doesn't know why he woke up.
**there are still some questions to be answered, but this post will be way too long if I keep going...I'll answer the others later so keep the questions coming!**
1 comment:
I like the question thing...it's especially fun because you're so honest. I remember thinking the same thing about swimming when my older sister started just "floating" instead of playing. And I completely agree that nursing in public is as awkward as other people make it. I know it's hard for people who aren't used to it, but especially if you're not flashing everything I don't think it's awkward at all!
Post a Comment