I am especially SO happy that I get along great with my mother-in-law. I hate even typing out that word because it sounds so formal. So instead I call her momsie. Momsie is a nickname of sorts. She isnt my mom so I dont call her mom, but I needed a special name for her.. and Momsie just seemed to fit! haha.
So anyways, the reason I am explaining this is because I love the little things that Jordan has gotten passed down from his family. They are big on traditions and incorporating fun things into ordinary days. For instance when we go visit we often pull taffy, go on hikes or play games all together.
Lately Jordan and I have been baking up a storm! Those who know me know that I am not the baker but a few weeks ago Jordan told me the way his mom would bake while they were growing up. Instead of baking all the muffin or cookie batter at once, she would just bake as much as they needed for that sitting and keep the rest in the fridge.
That is a picture of the delish raisin bran muffins we have been enjoying every morning this week. :) They are nice and warm and yummy! It cheers me up every morning enjoying muffins instead of boring cereal.
:) We made Monster cookies too!! I love eating the dough!!
Thanks Momsie for the new tradition! :)



4 comments:
We love you Elizabeth! I'm so glad you're part of the fam :o)
You are too sweet!!!! You DO know don't you that I invented the Monster Cookie recipe and the recipe for the Raisen Bran muffins?!?!?! :) Ha ha
I love this post because I can definitely relate! I love my mother-in-law and cherish how great our relationship is. Ironically, she just taught me the same trick of keeping the extra batter in the fridge. :)
good post! i love pictures of food - and your new camera does such a nice job capturing everything!
Post a Comment