Monday, May 10, 2010

the perfect day

I know it may sound like I am exaggerating but yesterday was so wonderful! It was so laid back yet so much fun! Here is a little overview of the day:

I woke up to Henry making noises in his crib.  I went to open his door and realized he wrote me a Mothers Day card.  It was so sweet but really strange because Henry's handwriting looked identical to Jordan's.  Father like son i suppose...
We then met these lovely ladies at Panera before church.. It was enjoyable but as you can see Henry was not that into it.  He wanted a nap... Jordan had to work through church but met Henry and I back at our house afterwards...

Jordan got me Indian food from one of our favorite places in town.  I love this picture of Henry (above).  I think his eyes look so much like Jordan's in this picture.  J and I played cards while Henry took his afternoon nap.  We then headed up to my mom's....
...where we met Chels and Becca.  We went on a quick bike ride but called it quits pretty fast because it was chilly out.  My mom loves gardening every year for Mothers Day.. my dad buys her plants for a gift.  She was very gracious to share Mothers Day with my birthday.. I feel like she kind of got the short end of the stick...  
Jordan and I love riding the tandem bike.  Although every time we are on it together I seem to yell at him.  This time it was because he thought it would be fun to see if he could ride with no hands.. and we almost crashed. 
My mom made an amazing meal of chicken parmesan.  We hung around the table and chatted... one of my best friends had her husband deliver flowers to me.  It was a very nice unexpected surprise.  Henry ate all his oatmeal (he doesnt like rice cereal) and liked watching golf with Big Buddy and Daddy.  He also loved dancing with Gwammy, Chelsie and I to all the songs from Glee.  :)
One of my gifts was 12 cupcakes from my favorite cupcakery in town.  YUM YUM YUM! I have some in the freezer so I can snack on them whenever I feel like it. :)

I love spending time with the people close to me.  Thanks everyone for a great day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a beautiful day!