Thursday, August 13, 2009

23 weeks and 4 days

How far along? 23 weeks and 4 days! *I know I do this survey during very random times.. haha.
Total weight gain/loss: gained ten pounds... still trying to eat moderate portions and exercise.  Doctors seem to think I am doing well...
Stretch marks? Not on my belly or buns...
Sleep: I have been sleeping TERRIBLY.  I wake up every hour.  and I have crazy dreams every night.  All day I feel like I haven't slept at all which leaves me extremely unmotivated.  
Best moment this week: letting everyone feel the baby move.  All my friends get so excited.. they start screaming or cracking up.  Its also been fun SEEING the baby move.  I wonder what he is doing in there.  I feel like he wants out! haha.
Movement: Yes, more and more everyday!! It used to only be at night and in the morning while laying in bed.  Now its all day long.  
Food cravings: None really.  I dont really get the whole craving thing.  I think I crave foods anyways even when I am not pregnant, so I havent noticed a big change.  I am used to not giving into cravings all the time.  And food actually is repulsive to me when I am not hungry.  It makes me feel sick.  
Gender: Boy.. I am getting more excited about this... Not all boys clothes have frogs, baseballs, trucks or bears on them.. haha.
Labor Signs: None! I need to take a class so I know what a labor sign is! haha.
Belly Button in or out? It looks so weird.  I cant explain what it is...
What I miss: Not being tired.  Shopping for "normal" clothes.  I am not in maternity clothes yet but when I shop I cant just pick up something bc I think its cute.. I have to make sure it will cover my bump! 
What I am looking forward to: Getting a house! We got approved and put an offer on one.. now we are just negotiating.  
Weekly Wisdom: I don't think this is wisdom as much as it is a rant.  I cannot believe how many people are full of "advice" who have never had a baby.  Seriously?! Just because your mom did it one way does not mean you have the right to tell me thats how I should do things. It is SOOO annoying. Many people have preferences on how to do things and INSIST that you do them the same way.  I work at a coffee shop and this lady was like yelling at me because I was not going to tell her our name options.  And this other guy was saying I ruined it because I found out the sex of our baby.  Please.. All that to say::: Its great to get advice and opinions but do not push them on others, its annoying.
Milestones: Getting approved for the grant!! So exciting.. we feel so blessed.  Also, Jordan LOVES me being pregnant.  He is so funny.  He said if I could get pregnant again right now he would want me to.  I told him that is because he hasn't had to do anything yet.  haha.  I wonder if this will change once the baby comes out. :)  

today is SUCH a beautiful day.  I wish I wasnt so tired.   I am sitting outside right now on my friend's porch.  This weekend we have to take a homeowners class in order to finish the grant process.  This is going to be so boring!! Nonetheless God is so good and we are enjoying being at home and relaxing.  :) Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the tail end of the summer.

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

Elizabeth - You are so cute! I just love your blog! I can't wait to feel that little one kick!!!!
Love you,
Momsie