I have really been praying to God and asking Him that He would prepare me for motherhood. (I know nothing can REALLY prepare you). He has really helped me come to some realizations and helped grow my excitement to be a mama.
I hear new moms and soon to be moms saying all the time "my life is not going to stop once the baby comes." Usually this means their lives not changing in regards to social events, getting out of the house etc... I always thought this would be this would be true for myself as well.
The more I think about it.. I can't wait for my "life" to stop for this little one. When I got married I never said "Once I get married I am still going to have a girls night every Friday night and talk to my friends on the phone everyday." Mind you, I still have girl's nights and talk to my friends.. but I could not wait to embrace the changes of being a wife. Being married to Jordan is so worth the sacrifices that come with it. I feel like the same goes for having a baby. I am actually looking forward to the nights and days in with just the three of us, and not having to keep up with everything that is going on in the world around me.
I know I will still have friends and a social life.. but I am not in any way trying to keep up with the pace of life Jordan and I have pre-baby. I am learning Jordan and I are relatively good at setting boundaries to keep our relationship strong and to make sure we really enjoy one another.
I dont know if anyone reads this, usually when I post things like this no one comments, which is fine.. It helpe me remember comments and snippets I want to include in the baby book! haha.
4 comments:
That's a good realization - especially before the baby comes. We were just talking the other day about how it's easy to expect life to be the same but just insert a baby into everything. But that's unrealistic and just makes life frustrating if you try to do that. There is so much freedom in allowing your life to change!
That's wonderful that you are able to keep that balance and recognize what is most important. Please keep me posted on any baby showers, I would love to attend!
Being a new mom...that helps me a lot! What a great perspective :)
I am going to make a bunch of comments just so that I can appear in the baby book a bunch of times. Tell him not to be so shy around me, please. thank you.
Post a Comment