Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I love how the Lord often speaks to me.  Lately I have been struggling with anxiety and small bouts of depression.  The way it affects me the most is how I think of myself.  I get so down on myself because I often think it affects the way I parent and raise Henry.  I want so badly for him to know how loved he is and for him to see this world as a playground. I dont want him to grow up feeling bad about himself but instead I want him to know how fearfully and wonderfully made.  I want my daily interactions to encourage him and draw him closer to the heart of the Lord.  

As I was watching Henry eat his lunch today.. this vivid thought came to my mind.  
As a mother... I am not supposed to try to change the circumstances, but instead do the best I can in those hard times.

I know it may sound simple but this was brilliant for me.  I want Henry to know I struggle.  To know I am not always happy.... but in those times, I want him to see I cling to the Lord.  I hold onto His promises.  I TRY.  

No comments: