Yesterday something TERRIBLE happened. I was cooking dinner and Jordan was showing a friend our newly painted basement. The basement door was left opened and Henry fell down 15 stairs in his walker. It was the most devastating and scary thing that has ever happened to our family. I was hysterical.. He was sobbing and had a huge knot on his head. He couldnt hold his head up very well. When Jordan brought him up to me all I could do was pray for him.
My friend Beth was there and thankfully she was calm and collected during the entire thing. She drove J, H and I to the hospital and was such a great help. We ended up going to the only hospital in the area that does not have a pediatrics unit. They still took Henry but told us if he needed a lot of assistance we would have to take him to Children's Hospital. So many people were praying along side us for Henry and that he would be okay.
As hours passed Henry recovered more and more. Last night he did not sleep very well at all but today the bump on his head is almost gone. Where his head hit is kind of swollen but overall Henry is having a GREAT recovery.
Needless to say, we have now taken babyproofing our house a little more seriously.
Please pray for me.. I am just hearing the lies that I am not capable of watching henry by myself. I am so anxious because tomorrow Jordan works and it is me and Henry all day.
7 comments:
You are right - you are hearing lies - you are a wonderful capable Mom!!!!!
I love you!
Momsie!
Elizabeth, I can only imagine what an incredible Mama you are! Unfortunately these things happen, but it's truly not a reflection of you or your parenting. I had to comment, because when I was about Henry's age, I went down a flight of stairs (also to a basement) in my walker!! I think I turned out ok.;)Glad to hear Henry is on the mend!
Those thoughts are lies. The enemy will do all he can to break your confidence in being an amazing Mommy to Henry. My prayers for you are restful sleep tonight and a renewed confident spirit when you wake tomorrow. Love ya honey!!
hey, i'm so sorry to hear about this. sounds so scary and awful. but God was definitely protecting henry - i'm so glad he's doing better! i am praying for you guys.
thinking about you and praying for you! that sounds horrible, but as moms, we can't expect ourselves to be perfect... it's probably only the first of many trips to the hospital for bumps and bruises!
Roxann's been keeping me posted. Praying for you and Henry!!
praying for your little man - I just know you are a wonderful mom and you love your guys so dearly - keep trusting that He will see you through these hard times and times of doubting.
lots of love to you~~
Post a Comment