Friday, November 26, 2010

hey to the folks...

Day 4: Your parents

My mom has been dreading me writing this post.. My sister and I keep joking with her that if she buys us a lot of stuff we will write nice things about her.  I would only write nice things about her anyways.  This post is a shout out to you mom and pops...

My dad is awesome.  He is one of the funniest people I have ever met.  Its unique too because he is one of the most quiet people I know too... Growing up my dad coached my basketball teams.  I always loved spending time with him in any way I could.  I think thats why my sister and I love watching football so much.  It was a way for us to connect with our dad.  

Favorite Memory:  A funny memory with my dad is how every birthday we go around and say what we appreciate about the birthday person.  Every year, no matter who the person is, he says his favorite memory is going to a Steelers game.  Even if the person didnt go to the Steelers game.  In our own weird family way, it is truly endearing.  :) 

Another memory is at my wedding, when Jordan and I were leaving in our getaway car, my dad jumped on the front hood and screamed DONT GO! haha.. it was a hoot.

My dad is a great husband to my mom and I admire how they have a strong marriage after all these years.  I love my dad so much and am glad him and Jordan get along as well as they do.  They love golfing together... its also been so great seeing my dad as a "Big Buddy".  He is such a great grandpa to Henry and I love watching them interact.  If Big Buddy is in the room Hank always wants to go to him.  
My mom is such a fun mom.  She is always up for doing fun, silly things.  My sister, her and I get along so well.  I am so glad that we have all grown as close as we have.  My mom is also one of the most caring people I know.  If she knows someone has a need she is always creative in finding ways to serve that person.  That is a quality I really want to inherit.  

Favorite Memory: This is a tough one.  My sister, mom and I took a trip to New York City for her 50th birthday.  It was so much fun!!!! We got to eat out every day, shop and sight see... My favorite part of the trip was watching my mom buy the fake purses from the guys who sell them out of trash bags on the side of the road.  My mom ended up buying a purse that you could tell was really fake... as I type it out it doesn't sound that funny but it was.  haha.  

I get to hang out with my mom every monday.  I work for a few hours and she watches Henry.  We then do something fun for the afternoon.  I am so happy my mom is crafty too.  We always have a fun project to work on.  

I am so blessed to have parents that I really respect and enjoy spending time with.. this was a perfect post to write about after spending time at their house for Thanksgiving.  They are so generous in how they let Jordan and I spend so much time at their house.  We are staying the night here tonight so Jordan can watch the Duck game.  I hope they win!! Its the biggest game of the season! :)

No comments: