Monday, November 29, 2010

first things first

HENRY CAN CRAWL!

Now todays topic is my favorite movie... this is a three way tie.

Favorite movie #1 Love Actually
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie... the story is so sweet and it keeps me entertained.  Every year we get together with our dear friends the Kruithofs and watch it.  We call the hang out "KruStone Kristmas".  I am so so so excited because even though Brent and Katie moved to the Cayman Islands, they are coming home specifically for KruStone Kristmas... sike!! they are coming home but I am sure its not just for KruStone.. its probably for the real Christmas occasion.  

Anyways.. back to Love Actually... every time I think of the movie I get the song in my head...
...I feel it in my fingers... I feel it in my toes.....

I need to be more careful when I recommend this movie to friends.  There are a few scenes with nudity... I forgot to tell my friend that and her and her husband were unpleasantly surprised by the boobie shots.  (sorry again michelle!)

You guys should watch it this holiday season!! Youll love it... (Fast forward the boobie scenes) :)

Favorite movie #2:  When A Man Loves A Woman
I usually dont like chick flicks but this one is my favorite.  Most love movies do not portray "love" in a realistic sense... It bothers me so much.  For example... I could not enjoy the Notebook movie because that girl was cheating on her fiance the entire time... two thumbs down.

This movie reminds me of a real life relationship.  The woman (Meg Ryan) is an alcoholic and the movie shows her and her husbands relationship and how it is effected by her addiction.  I have had a LOT of people watch this movie with me.. and there has yet to be someone who hasnt teared up during it.  SUCH A GOOD MOVIE....

Now I have the song stuck in my head... WHHHENNN A MAAAANN LOVES A WOMAN....

Favorite movie #3: Juno
This movie is just so great. (I DONT PROMOTE TEEN PREGNANCY) I love how quirky Juno is.  She is just a hoot... I could watch this movie over and over.  It is the kind of movie that I like to watch while doing a craft.  I have seen it so many times that I don't need to watch it super closely... but I can still pick up the one liners.  

there you have it ladies and gents.. the Elizabeth Stone Blockbusters..
do you guys like these movies?? What is your favorite movie.. Ill rent it!

4 comments:

Kelsi said...

My favorite is Love Actually too! Saw it for the first time with Courtney and we thought it was such a strange movie. Then I watched it years later and fell in LOVE! I probably watch it 8 times a year! And the soundtrack is FANTASTIC!

Katie said...

Can't wait for KruStone Kristmas and watching Love Actually with you! I haven't seen When a Man Loves a Woman, but it sounds good.

michelle said...

Way to go Hank!

And I think it's more accurate to say that there are a few fully clothed scenes in Love Actually! But maybe I need to give it another chance.

kara said...

have you ever heard the story of when chelsie and i watched when a man loves a woman??

well, i completely lost it... i'm not sure if a movie has ever made me cry like that!