Sorry I didnt blog yesterday.. I will give you ONE hint why I didnt!!
Anyways... yesterdays post was talk about a place you have traveled to. I HAD to pick Nepal!! Jordan and I spent four months there together while we were dating. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I really got to experience the Holy Spirit there and I grew so much... I really think I changed over there. I would say being in Nepal was the beginning of my journey in walking with the Spirit... Here are some thoughts about my trip through pictures.
Jordan met this guy who lived in the smallest hut. We got to pray for him and the man was healed. Jordan raised money for him and his family to live in a bigger apartment. On a funnier note, Lal Bhadar (the guy pictured) had another baby after we left Nepal. A friend told us that at church this man was holding his baby up in the air and saying "this is Jordan's baby". I hope he did not mean literally.. I think he meant that he wanted to honor Jordan with his new baby. haha.
Nepal is such a beautiful country. This was on our way to a village we spent the night at.. it was such a beautiful scene but was the HARDEST hike I have ever done... it took us a half of a day... this was one of my most fond memories of our time in Nepal.
We were blessed to participate in so many ministry opportunities. This man received Christ and we were able to pray for him and encourage him. The funny part of this photo is that this man did not have any pants on. I was thinking the whole time.. "please dont move your leg mister.. I dont want to see anything!!!"
hahaha.. i love this picture.. yes this girl is 4 years old.. and yes shes pretending to smoke her mom's cigerettes.
This is my team and I celebrating "Holi" a Hindu holiday of color. The entire town has a huge water fight where you dump water and red stuff on one another. It was so fun. Our servant team leader was hilarious during this.. she ran into where all the kids were and let everyone soak her. :)
Enjoying a retreat in Pokara... this looks like a relaxing day but Calvin (who was on my team) almost drowned.. it was hilarious... and scary! haha.
Us after we spoke at a church service.
We were in Nepal while the government was overthrown. There were riots in the streets and we had to lay low for a few weeks. It was so fun!!! I know that sounds terrible!! I know I barely scratched the surface of my time in Nepal in this post. I cant even go into how amazing my time was there. I am so so so grateful for how the Lord revealed himself to me while I was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment