Tuesday, December 7, 2010

verse and pic..


The verse I am choosing to share is Chapter 1 from Song of Solomon... I am not good at all at remembering verses.  When I first had Henry I was an emotional mess.  I remember feeling so much love and joy and feeling so loved by God.  At the same time I was so scared and felt so vulnerable.  I didnt know how to do anything with Henry and he was really fussy at times.  I remember nursing him and listening to this song from IHOP called "Draw Me Away" by Ashley Prior. (check it out) and just crying.  The verses are so beautiful and are taken from Chapter 1 of Song of Solomon.  (verse at the end of the post)

I love the verses in Chapter 1 that talk about though the maiden is dark her lover finds her so lovely.  I relate this so much with my relationship with God.  In so many ways I am undesirable and unloveable yet He chooses to enter into relationship with me.  My favorite song of all time is Dark but Lovely by Sarah Edwards.  So pretty! I also love the song Always a Woman by Billy Joel.  I tear up every time I hear it.  I think of the Lord singing it over me.. (not in a condescending way but with love and acceptance.. here are the lyrics. (PS- I hope people understand what I am talking about in this post.  I feel like this is one of those times where anything I type is not making sense.)
She can kill with a smile
She can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child
But she's always a woman to me

She can lead you to live
She can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth
But she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
She steals like a thief
But she's always a woman to me

Oh, she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, and she never gives out
And she never gives in
She just changes her mind

She will promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleedin'
But she'll bring out the best
And the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself
Cause she's always a woman to me

She is frequently kind
And she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted
She's earned her degree
And the most she will do
Is throw shadows at you
But she's always a woman to me


Song of Solomon 1

 1 Solomon’s Song of Songs.

   Shea]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a]

 2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— 
   for your love is more delightful than wine. 
3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; 
   your name is like perfume poured out. 
   No wonder the young women love you! 
4 Take me away with you—let us hurry! 
   Let the king bring me into his chambers.

   Friends

   We rejoice and delight in youb]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b]
   we will praise your love more than wine.

   She

   How right they are to adore you!

 5 Dark am I, yet lovely, 
   daughters of Jerusalem, 
dark like the tents of Kedar, 
   like the tent curtains of Solomon.
c]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[c] 
6 Do not stare at me because I am dark, 
   because I am darkened by the sun. 
My mother’s sons were angry with me 
   and made me take care of the vineyards; 
   my own vineyard I had to neglect. 
7 Tell me, you whom I love, 
   where you graze your flock 
   and where you rest your sheep at midday. 
Why should I be like a veiled woman 
   beside the flocks of your friends?

1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Thanks for the post - and just so you know I love billy joel and that song as well :)