Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hanks birthday and something I am passionate about





Henry's birthday was about as exciting as a one year old birthday can be! During the day it was a pretty normal day.. in the evening I had a few neighbors and my mom over for dinner.  Henry did not like it when we sang Happy Birthday to him.. he gave us all a weird look like he was thinking "stop singing that dumb song."  
I made cupcakes for dessert.  Here is the sequence of events with the cupcakes...
I dont want it...
you can have it...
I guess it tastes okay...
want a bite daddy??!
NOM NOM NOM NOM....


After cake and presents we all went in the basement to play.  Henry has a blast chasing everyone around in his walker. Having a somewhat finished basement is AMAZING!! At the end of the day we love having a space we can go where Henry can let out energy.  We have a dart board down there and that has been a hit as well.


Talking about Henry's party leaves me with what I am passionate about.  I am passionate about sharing our lives with other people.  I think it is so special and important to let other people into our lives.  In fun times, in tough times, even when we dont feel like it.  I thnk thats how Jesus intended life to be.  Its hard to "love one another" if we dont spend time with others. 

6 comments:

michelle said...

Glad he finally enjoyed the cupcake! Yay for being 1.

Katie said...

cute pictures! what an adorable 1-year-old! I love you guys!

Jamie Jones said...

Love it :)

Kathy Stone said...

So cute! Wish I could have been there! It looks like he takes after his Gammy with the sweet tooth!

Rachel Jones said...

I can't believe he's ONE!!! he's so sweet! congrats :) :)

Sarah Swartzentruber said...

That cupcake sequence had me laughing out loud! Too cute!