This post is funny to me... Dream house?? Hm let me think.
In many ways the house I have now is my ultimate dream house.. here are some of the qualities that make it "dreamy" for me.
1. Fireplace (wood burning)
2. extra space for others to live (Our entire upstairs is a "mother-in-law" suite.) There is a living room, large bedroom, kitchen and full bathroom all upstairs. It is its own little apartment. I love it!! It has the same entrance so our house is not technically a "two family." Right now there are some amazing ladies living up there.
3. Big enough to raise a family in- our house is not big by any means. However, I can see myself living here forever. It is large enough that I could have 4 kids and still live here (they'd share rooms). On the first floor there are three bedrooms plus we have a 1,000 square foot basement with a full bathroom. (It is partly finished now thanks to Momsie Stone.. love ya).
4. Location- We live in a "rougher neighborhood" but I call our end of the street the "hidden gem" of the neighborhood. Everyone is super friendly and takes amazing care of their homes and yards.
The things I would add or change to this house to make it more "dreamy" are:
1. Remove the fake brick laminate flooring from our kitchen. Nuff said.
2. Have a bigger back yard. Ours is okay sized but I always dreamed of having a big back yard for my kids to play in
3. Have enough money to buy cool furniture and home decor.
4. Have a craft room/finish our basement at some point
I guess I am pretty easy to please!!
2 comments:
your house is definitely "dreamy"!
please don't live there forever....there is a home in pittsburgh calling your name!!!
Post a Comment