Monday, December 13, 2010

Challenge FAIL...

... sorry I fell off there for a few days. We had a retreat with friends in Detroit and it was amazing. I love the Mancinellis.. I love their marriage.. I love their house.. they are such amazing people.

Lets see.. where did I leave off...

Something I regret....
I dont see myself as a "regretful" person but there is something in almost every area of my life that I regret.
Here they are

Motherhood- I feel like there are so many "regrets" as a mother... I regret often living from nap to nap to bedtime.. so I can have a moment to myself. I regret counting down the minutes until Jordan gets home so I can have help. I want to live in the moment and love Henry with everything that I am even if it is hard (which it is) I regret not praying for Henry as much as I would like... But mostly I regret on being so hard on myself!! Motherhood is a tough gig!!

Marriage- I regret how I take Jordan for granted sometimes. I feel like the first year or so of our marriage I tried to test him to see if he would give up on me. When we would fight I would push him (sometimes literally.. haha.. jk.. kinda) to see if he would stop loving me or would give up on our marriage. I remember one day I was crying and we were in a big fight.. he just looked at me and said "I am not going anywhere." I remember feeling the Holy Spirit's presence in those words so much.. as if He was speaking them to me. Still to this day, Jordan saying those five words has changed my life.

Family- I regret not being very close to my sister growing up. When I was younger I didnt care if I was close to my sister. Instead I wanted to have a lot of friends and be social. Little did I know that my sister would end up being one of my best friends. If I could do it all over again I would have had much more sleep overs with her and less with my friends.!

Friends- I regret being bitter about things regarding some of my friends for over a year. It put me in a terrible place for a long time and really made it hard for the Holy Spirit to work in my life. I wish I would have chosen love and forgiveness instead of bitterness and anger.

God- In that time I talked about above.. I honestly can say I dont think I opened my Bible on my own for about a year in a half. More importantly than that.. I dont think I really put much of anything into my relationship with God during that time. I did not receive his love. It was a hard time that I have grown from but wish I didnt have to go through.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love how real you are in this post, Elizabeth. You have such a beautiful spirit and I am so glad to have you as a friend. You are an amazing wife, mother, friend, sister, etc! I love how Jordan told you he's not going anywhere - you've got a good one!