


...my love has come along...
Day #3 Your first love....
I love talking about JORDAN! I love our story... and THANKFULLY he was my first love. I dont know if I have written our entire dating story on here before.
I met Jordan my very first day at Taylor University. Not my first day of classes but my first day of being on campus. I remember getting all unpacked and walking through the hallways of my dorm looking for something to do. Everyone was on AOL Instant Messenger and I was so bored. A guy friend from Cincinnati also went to Taylor so I called him to see what he was up to. Him and the guys on his floor were playing volleyball and he said I could come. I remember seeing Jordan and I thought he was so cute. He was two years older than me and the thought never crossed my mind that we would ever end up together.
I vividly remember walking away from the volleyball courts and him introducing himself to me. It was so strange because I remember it was dark out and we looked up and there was this huge "star" type thing shining in the sky. It wasnt twinkling like a star and it looked a lot closer... I remember us wondering what it was.. I know it might be cheesy but I think it was an angel or God's presence in some way.
Jordan and I slowly got to know one another through the fall semester. After every chapel service we would somehow end up walking together to our next class. I remember every Monday talking about NFL football and discussing how the teams did on Sunday night.
A group of friends came home with me for a concert. I remember thinking Jordan was really strange because the entire time he talked to my sister and played ping pong with her. Later he told me it was because he wanted an "in" with the family.. and it worked!!
I slowly started to develop a serious crush on Jordan. One day I was with a group of girls and his name came up. Then the girls were laughing and saying how it was a requirement at Taylor to have a crush on Jordan Stone at one point or another. I thought right then and there that my feelings for Jordan would not be shared with anyone.
Towards the end of fall semester Jordan began asking me to hang out. Our first date we walked through a Christmas lights display then got hot chocolate at a gas station. I remember thinking my relationship with him was something special. We never "flirted" in the typical way people do. Instead we spent hours getting to know one another and had a blast doing it. I knew Jordan valued and respected me regardless if he wanted a romantic relationship with me. I really valued that.
Jordan then left for the month of January and went to India... I thought we probably would not talk as much after he got back but it was the opposite. He emailed me a time or two from India and we hung out more the second semester... my sister played competitive volleyball and had tournaments that spring in Indy. Jordan approached me one day and said, "I am going to your sister's volleyball tournament and you can ride with me if you want."
On the ride back from one of the volleyball tournaments Jordan and I were having an amazing conversation.. we realized he was driving 45 on the highway.. haha. He pulled over and told me he really liked me and that he was wanting to pursue me. He told me I did not have to respond so I took that as he didnt want me to respond. I just said "okay" and he pulled back on the highway.
A few more weeks went by and Jordan asked me to hang out again. This time we went to a park and had a picnic then went to a minor league baseball game. Jordan then gave what I like to call "The Speech". When he asked me to be his girlfriend it was one of the most intense conversations we had ever had. Jordan was so serious and told me how he wasnt promising that he would want to marry me. I remember wondering if dating him would even be any fun. haha... eventually I said I would date him... it was a fun night despite "the Speech" ;).
The first few months of our relationship were hilarious bc i was always too scared or nervous to be around him. I would see him at chapel and would wave and run away. If I had to call him I would say "Hi Jordan, this is Elizabeth Gagliardi, sorry to bother you." It was comical to say the least...
... anyways.. we got used to dating one another.. had a blast then got engaged!! Click here for that story...
I had so so so much fun dating Jordan. I sometimes see dating couples who dont enjoy each other's company and it makes me sad... I feel like people settle and it annoys me.. (thats another blog post)
there you have it... my first love.
Thanks Jesus for loving me so much that you would bring me a husband that models you so well. Thanks that Jordan does not cut corners in our relationship and chooses to be bold and courageous in how he leads our family!! Amen!
3 comments:
Cute! I love reading about you and Jordan dating. My favorite part is when the girls say that having a crush on Jordan Stone is a Taylor requirement! And you calling you boyfriend and using your last name, haha. Jordan looks so young in those pictures! You DO have a great husband and a really special, admirable marriage. I love that your dating relationship started so intentionally, and marriage has continued to be that way (even after having a kid). You guys are a role model to me!
i hope the north star finds me a lover too!!
I love this story. Everything about it is either so cute or hilarious. I love you guys together!
Post a Comment