Wednesday, December 9, 2009

another "dis" appointment...

Well I had another appointment today.  Definitely was not encouraging. At all.  I got my membranes stripped again.. hopefully this baby will take a hint and come out sometime soon.  I don't know why but my appointment today was very discouraging and left me sad.  Jordan has been so nice and sweet despite the bad mood I have been in the past few hours.  We are just going to enjoy this time before baby comes.  We have the fireplace going, Glee season finale starts in an hour and we got good ice cream to eat after finishing off leftover lasagna.  

If you believe in prayer in the slightest, join with me and Jordan and pray this little guy comes out on his own.  I really do not want to be induced.  I believe the Lord has the perfect birth story for Baby!! 

I think the reason I am so down is my appointment today reminded me a lot of deciding what to do last year when I miscarried.  I had a "missed" miscarriage, which means the baby died but I did not bleed or show any signs of a normal miscarriage.  After finding out we had to decide if I was going to pass the baby naturally or get a D&C. I got the D&C but then later had to "pass" the baby on my own.  I dont know what the doctor did while I was knocked out, but she sure didn't get the job done. It may seem strange to you that I am comparing the birth of one child to the death of another one.  The doctor strongly suggested that I get induced next week.  I never expected or planned the birth of my child to be "scheduled" like a dentist appointment.  It just does not feel natural to me and stresses me out.... and reminds me of one of the saddest times of my life. 

The Lord is so beautiful in how he takes beauty from ashes.  This time last year was so devastating.  This year I am experiencing so much joy amidst the fear and anxiety I am feeling about this next stage of life.  I have to say that I am SOOO PROUD that the level of joy I had last year is the same or even greater than the joy I am experiencing this year.  I always wonder if my joy is altered by circumstance.  When comparing these two seasons I think I can say it doesn't.  What a testimony of God's grace in my life.  :) Thank you Jesus for who you are to me.  Though my faith is so weak You choose to bless it.  I love that I can confide and rest in who You are!!

6 comments:

michelle said...

That's really encouraging to see that your joy is consistent despite circumstances. We'll be praying for Baby Stone to make his appearance on his own! In the meantime, enjoy your fire and ice cream :)

Katie said...

ditto Michelle! I'm be praying for you guys and baby boy!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth,

I understand exactly how you are feeling, I was induced with Ellie and felt the same way. I wanted her to be born on the day she was supposed to be born. The more I think about it the more I realize that the day I was induced was the day she was supossed to be born. I will pray that your baby comes out naturally, but don't be discouraged because if you do have to be induced that is the plan that the Lord had for you. Embrass this time it only lasts a moment and you just need to do what is best for your son. Some positives about being induced, you can take a shower before labor, don't eat anything after dinner the night before you go in (you can avoid any unexpected mess hahaha). I promise everything will be perfect, natural or induction, just smile because as you know you are truly blessed.

Love you and thinking about you everyday,
Lauren

Nicole Andre said...

awww! i love you!!

Rachel Jones said...

praying for you!!! thank you for sharing - very encouraging :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys over here in Columbus!!