Wednesday, December 16, 2009

the first 24 hours...

have been very exciting! Baby Henry is doing good.  He has a good set of pipes on him, so when he cries everyone can hear! :) He loves putting his hands right by his face which has left him with a few little scratches.  Jordan and I are both waiting for him to sleep.. it seems like he likes staying awake more than sleeping.

Henry likes to eat too! He was having a hard time nursing the first few times we tried, but he finally got it! He stayed latched for twenty minutes.  Which then lead to his first diaper explosion!! He seems to fart a lot..! As I was changing his last diaper he peed on me!! So I put my hand over him and the pee ended up spraying all over himself.  Poor little guy. 

All that to say.. Jordan and I are SO tired.  We have dropped Henry off in the nursery so we can get some sleep.  Hopefully today he will be in the mood for some good naps! I am recovering okay.  Still a bit sore but already the haunted dreaded feelings of "the 24 hour labor" are fading. It is crazy seeing how big and long he is and knowing he was inside of me yesterday! We love him so much.  Every time he cries I laugh because I think he is so funny and cute.. even when he is sad.    

6 comments:

SAHDad said...

Awe I am so Happy Henry is eating and expelling properly. Not going to lie him peeing on you and himself made me life quite a bit. I am so happy you and Jordan are getting some sleep. I hope you are enjoying your little blessing to the fullest. I can't wait to meet Henry.
Love and Blessings
Corie

PS- I love his name... Henry is my Brother-in-Laws name. Congrats.

Unknown said...

Wow Liz! Congratulations to you and Jordan on the birth of your little man. He is one handsome little one :)

Enjoy motherhood, even the crying :))

Gloria (from Uganda, we met in Nepal)

Rene` said...

See, those PeePee Tepes from your shower would've come in handy! LOL Your first of many adventures with a baby boy! Really looking forward to meeting him and seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh I love it! I love the way you describe him and that he peed on himself. Too bad you didn't have those cone things with you. I can't wait to see you and the fam back at home!

Monica Denise Kateri said...

i can't wait to meet him. it's been so delightful reading your posts these last few days. :)

so, whenever you just need to nap for a few hours let the four of us know and we'll play with him for a bit!

The Caswells said...

As a mother of a boy...the peeing on himself (and you) happens all the time! Yesterday Grant peed all over himself and me and then started laughing :)