Tuesday, December 1, 2009

under a week to go!!

So yesterday I was 39 weeks!! I definitely think my baby dropped yesterday as well.  Now when I sit my belly rests on my legs.. its pretty disgusting.  Also there has been so much more pressure down there.. it is different than it was before... I feel like I am bruised or something.  

In the middle of the night last night I woke up with a terrible sore throat, headache, runny nose and eyes.  I think I am getting a bad cold. :( I should not be complaining bc so many people have far worse pregnancies than I have.  I havent really been sick at all.  (Except after scarfing down Wendy's.. baby S didnt like that too much and I yaked!!) But I feel absolutely terrible.  I am also disappointed bc I was hoping to walk a lot today... You know.. get things moving.  

Now I am going to lay in bed all day and try to kick this!! 

So I ask you guys.. what are some things you did (or know of) that can get labor moving?? Do you think it is just something that happens on its own or are there tricks to jump start this progress??  Leave a comment.  I am bedridden and bored!

4 comments:

Katie said...

could be any day now! i can't wait to meet baby stone!

michelle said...

I wish I could give you some hints. I just went to the doctor for a checkup and they decided to induce me. And I don't really recommend that!

Puckett's said...

My sister used an exercise ball and just bounced on it. She said that helped a lot with jump starting her contractions and dilating. Good luck! :)

Kathy Stone said...

I got Allison started with Castor Oil - but I DON"T recommend that!!!