Tuesday, December 15, 2009

it's not a sprint, it's a marathon

yes it's 8am, no there's no baby yet...well there is but his head is slowly being formed into a cone as he waits for blast off.  22 hours down...last word was 8-9cm dialated.  it's been an eventful night...Elizabeth hadn't made any progress until about 1am and then she went from 2cm to 8cm in about 3 hours.  Things slowed down then a bit as she started running a fever and her blood pressure dropped.  Around 3:30am they decided to put a new epidural in because the other one wasn't doing the trick anymore and Eliz was getting pretty miserable.  A new epidural meant a new woman and she's been pretty comfy since then.  We are now on our 4th nurse, 3rd anaesthesiologist, 2nd popsicle, 3rd nightgown, 9th cup of ice chips, and 5th puking episode.  We feel so fortunate that we're getting to experience all the fine things that this hospital has to offer...we of course wanted to get our moneys worth.  Elizabeth got an hour or so of sleep and I probably got the same...but we're both awake now and ready to rumble.  They plan to check her again at 9am to see if we've got any progress.  There has been talk of c-section, but the doctor really wants to avoid it if at all possible since she is so young and it's her first baby.  In Elizabeth's words..."I'm gonna be freaking pissed if they make me do a c-section after all of this!"  They think the baby is still facing the wrong way so pray pray pray he does a little flip between now and the next centimeter.  Once again...stay tuned for pictures next time...Lord willing!  :)  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying! Praying! Praying!!

We love you!

<3 Andy & Kacia

Katie said...

I can't believe there's still no baby! But I'm kind of happy because now your baby will be born on our anniversary! YAY! I'm so proud of Elizabeth - sounds like she is doing amazing well. We love you all and are SOOO excited for you!

michelle said...

Thanks for the update! I woke up excited to see pictures and I was kind of worried when there wasn't anything new. But I'm glad she's okay and making progress. Tell her to hang in there....it will all be worth it and she'll forget about all of this in a year or so :)

SAHDad said...

I remember Elizabeth saying she could not wait to tell the amazing story of her baby boy's birth. Looks like she is going to have one heck of a story to tell about how this kid just did not want to come out. We love you both and are praying for you.

Kathy Stone said...

So proud of you!!!! What a darling little one!!

Rene` said...

Anxious for next update! Saw someone revealed the name on your FB and I got sad because I had been so excited for the announcement! But I loved Carolyn's sneak peek pic which has now disappeared lol We're just all so excited to share your joy! :) CONGRATS!