Our pastor did an awesome talk yesterday about longing for Christ more than we long for Christmas. So many of us long for the comforts of Christmas; lights, trees, presents, being with family, the warm feelings, songs, etc...
How often do we long to deeply know Christ? To know EVERY part of Him. To allow Him to be EVERYTHING in our lives? We want Him when he brings comfort, or when it is convenient for us and our lives. How often do we anticipate Him to bring the emotions in our lives, that we usually turn to Christmas for?
I am so convicted by this. By no means am I saying it is wrong to celebrate or anticipate Christmas. I AM however saying that I want the Lord to do so much more for me in my life than Christmas does. The feelings Christmas brings are so fleeting. Jesus, allow me to be a person that lives for the eternal! I want to know YOU and be moved by YOU and Your Holy Spirit!! Amen.
I added another song on my playlist that has been special to my heart lately. Especially while I sit around and am down. It is so good and speaks such truth. Enjoy.
2 comments:
So encouraging.... Love to see your heart/voice coming forth. :)
:-) Awesome, Elizabeth! Very good stuff.
Post a Comment